Sunday 10 October 2010

Golden Delicious

I do love golden syrup- it looks like its made out of sunshine and it appears to obey its own laws of physics. So what better than Golden Syrup cupcakes?

I came across this recipe on facebook- its on the Tate and Lyle website and you can find it here. I had one of those wonderful moments in baking- The moment i took the cupcakes out of the oven i knew i had timed it just right and they were spot on, so i was feeling quite smug.

They had risen nicely, were a lovely golden brown, and they all seemed to be a nice size. So i added the buttercream (which was absolutely delicious - i made myself feel quite ill by eating the leftovers) and a couple of sprinkles and they look absolutely fab i think, although the colour scheme of the yellow buttercream and white, blue, and green sprinkles doesn't really go with the cases. I haven't actually tried one yet as they are all waiting to be taken to work where they will no doubt undergo rigorous testing by my colleagues- I'll let you know the responses, and in the meantime, why not give them a go?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment