Sunday 4 July 2010

blingbling cake



I was asked by a family member who had seen the Flower bouquet cake that I had made to bake a cake for her daughter's 40th birthday. She thought she'd like something 'blingy' with her name on, so i thought, what is more blingy than sparkly jewellery?


I decided to do a 'Carrie' style name necklace with other bits of jewellery. And I've draped some emerald green sugarpaste on the cake as well,  as that is her favourite colour. I used some fab little sugar diamonds that I have been dying to buy from the cake shop- this gave me the perfect excuse.

Lets hope she likes it. I have reservations about it as it was a hot day today and the buttercream in the middle melted a bit so i couldn't get a nice smooth finish on the sugarpaste :( hopefully the shiny silver bits will do enough to distract from the lopsided nature of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment