Thursday 27 May 2010

Fat Club

When I changed jobs, I went from working in a very busy community pharmacy where i was on my feet all day and had no time for lunch to a desk bound job in an office with lots of biscuits. I've put on quite a bit of weight as a consequence and am nearly up to the heaviest weight i've ever been again. Luckily at work we all decided to get fitter and we started Fat Club.
The first rule of Fat Club is... you don't want to be in fat club!
We paid a pound a week for weigh ins and the person who lost the most by percentage body weight won all the money. It ran for three months January- March. I was doing really well to start with but then a three week holiday to Toronto did me no favours whatsoever and by the time I got back to work, everyone else had fallen off the thin wagon too. We've decided to try again, just for a month this time, as we should all be able to stay motivated for a month.
At least the bento lunches are much healthier than sandwiches and biscuits and I'm trying to walk into work a lot more and increase my exercise substantially.
fingers crossed that this fat club is a bit more successful than the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment